I have very much needed Reiki in the past and have lived through its transformational effects.
This is why I am the most enthusiastic Reiki practitioner and teacher ever – it literally saved my life!
I want to be able to inspire and empower you in your times of need. To be your guiding light when things are dark. To show you that life can be calm, relaxed – even relatively stress-free! To remind you that you can be happy. To remind you of your purpose and your pure brilliance. To enjoy life.
And from my home, I think I do that in an informal, relaxed and real way.
My Reiki obsession has led me to complete training up to Master/teacher level in Usui Reiki, Angelic Reiki and Karuna Reiki ©, as well as a multitude of additional courses, all of which I include I my Reiki treatments – so when you come to me, you may also find that I use sound, colour, crystals and oils amongst other things! I also teach people how to practice Reiki – whether or not you just wat to use Reiki on yourself and your family, or you want to start up a Reiki business – it is all truly at your fingertips! Find out more about training in Reiki here
I am also Herts Area representative and pioneer for UK Reiki Federation.
But why should you visit me?
We all know that life throws us curveballs – from illness to unwanted bereavements to totally ridiculously stressful situations. In a non-invasive way, Reiki can help you to cope with life by encouraging relaxation and bringing balance to both your mind and your body and encouraging a sense of calm. Though not an alternative to conventional medicine, Reiki can be used with confidence alongside orthodox healthcare.
But don’t just listen to me – listen to the people who have visited me!
- “I visited Kat after my operation and the scar healed a lot quicker than previous times!”
- “My bad back seems to have eased so much since starting Reiki”
- “I cannot believe how much more energy I have – my fatigue is a thing of the past!”
- “I had forgotten to be positive. Life was dragging me down! Kat and the Reiki reminded me to look up again and get back my positive outlook.”
- “I can actually sleep! I have had the best sleep since starting my Reiki sessions with Kat!”
- “Somehow, I am a lot less stressed and anxious with Reiki in my life!”
- “Kat is just incredible. She picked up so much in my Reiki session today from my energy and she read me like a book! Kat, you have made me believe in myself again and I can’t thank you enough. You are an amazing person and I’m so happy I found you.”
- “I have never, ever felt so relaxed – EVER!”
- “Since starting Reiki with Kat, I feel like I have a new lease of life. Without going into too much details, I feel I am confident enough to go into new situations and start to really make needed changes to my life.”
But what if you cannot get to St.Albans?
Reiki energy is a very clever thing, and is not restricted by time or space – so I can send Reiki to you wherever you are and you’ll receive the exact same benefits as if I were in the same room as you! Very useful for people with busy schedules or for people in hospital, the effects of distance Reiki are just as deep and effective as those from a hands on treatment in-person, and feedback prove its effectiveness!
- “Having always been travel sick, whenever I get in any type of vehicle, I was terrified about my trip to Peru – 4000m above sea level where the altitude sickness is known to literally knock you off your feet. I asked Kat to send me some Reiki before and during travel… no altitude sickness for me and not even a whisper of travel sickness despite being in a minibus for 4-5 hours along winding, mountain roads. I am so happy to have asked for help.”
- “Kat Shaw has given me hands on and distance treatments and both have been amazing and totally moving experiences where my chronic illness felt greatly improved. Thanks Kat!”
- “I had no idea what to expect from a distance Reiki treatment, and to be honest, I thought I would feel nothing, but it was the most amazingly peculiar feeling I have ever experienced! I felt tingly and as if I was floating off of my bed, and I had the best nights sleep I have ever had!”
- “Kat – you’ll love this! Listen to what my daughter has just said about her distance Reiki with you – ‘It made me feel hot and fizzy, I felt calm and that I have forgotten some of my worries. And it’s made my headache better.’ Bless her! Thank you soooooo much!”
- “No words. That was the oddest thing I have ever felt – but I feel amazing!”
Seriously – Distance Reiki?!?!?
One way to offer a context to the practice of distance Reiki is to think of it as energy being sent to you via energy waves – like “Wi-Fi Reiki!” We spend hours a day sending and receiving information via energy waves, and nobody really questions how it works – it just does.
Initial consultation and Reiki treatment (60mins) £40
Individual Reiki treatment (30-45mins) £35
Distance Reiki treatment £15
To book an appointment, please contact me
Reiki after Care Advice
After your Reiki session, take time to enjoy your deep state of relaxation and be aware that your body may detoxify over the next few days – could be that you feel over-emotional, grumpy or physically achy, and in some cases, symptoms can appear to intensify before improving. Reiki will bring issues to the surface to be released. During the 48 hours following your Reiki treatment, just be sure to drink an increased amount of water, get plenty of rest and be aware of emotional shifts – spend some time alone if needed